Mountain View Counselling
Tricia McGarrah, RCC
Individual Counselling (50 minutes)
Relationship Counselling (50 minutes)
Sliding scale sessions are available from $50 – $100. Please discuss this with me before our session to ensure you are charged appropriately.
Please give 24 hours notice for all appointment changes and cancellations. With less than 24 hours notice, you will be responsible for the full session fee.
If you are 15 minutes late or more to a session without notice, it will be cancelled/rescheduled at full cost.
Please contact your counsellor at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel or reschedule your session or do so on the Jane App.
The counselling relationship is confidential within the limits of the (changing) law. The exceptions to client/therapist confidentiality are as follows:
- If there is reason to believe a child is being physically, emotionally, or sexually abused, or is in danger of being physically, emotionally, or sexually abused, or has been neglected or is in danger of being neglected, we have a legal and ethical obligation to report this concern to the Ministry for Children and Family Development.
- If there is reason to believe the client may injure themself or someone else, or that other persons are at risk for some reason, we have a legal and ethical right to intervene.
- If we are subpoenaed by court orders, we will have to release client records.
No information will be released about clients without a Release of Information Form signed by the client.
Limitations of Services
We do not provide 24-hour care. Please contact the following BC Support Services if you need support after hours:
- 9-1-1: Call 9-1-1 if you are having a medical emergency, or are in immediate danger from abuse or assault. Available 24 hours a day.
- 1-800-SUICIDE: Call 1-800-784-2433 if you are having a crisis or are concerned about someone who may be. Available 24 hours a day.
- 310-Mental Health: Call 310-6789 (no area code needed) toll-free anywhere in B.C. to access emotional support, information and resources specific to mental health and substance use issues. Available 24 hours a day.
Most extended health insurance benefits cover counselling. Please make sure to check your plan’s coverage (particularly which therapist designations they require) to find out your eligibility. We don’t offer direct billing, but you will receive a receipt each time that you can submit for reimbursement.
I respectfully acknowledge that I operate on traditional ancestral unceded Coast Salish Territories of the
xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), and səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
@2022 by Tricia McGarrah, a WordPress site